Coconut oil has made its way into everyone’s pantry, bathroom and bedroom to help with well, basically everything. In the past couple of years, coconut oil has created an incredible reputation for itself by being a good kind of fat. Talk about a rebrand! But who knew that coconut oil could be benefiting your dog just as much as it’s changed your hair, skin and life?
Although it contains 90% saturated fat, coconut oil has medium-chain fatty acids that can drastically improve the health of you and ol’ fido, both inside and out. Coconut oil is easily digested and helps boost your dog’s metabolism while aiding in skin rehydration and even parasite repellent. It can also help clear up dog eczema and treats yeast and fungal infections. You can apply topically to your pup’s skin or pour it over their food. Simply put, the benefits just. don’t. stop.
Using coconut oil has even more life-changing benefits for your dog like:
- Topically soothing bug bites and stings
- Helping with energy function, giving pups a boost before walking, hiking and running
- Aiding in cell regeneration for silky smooth skin and coats
- Acting as a superfood, supporting thyroid function and maintaining a healthy weight
- Improves digestion, IBS, colitis
- Reduces allergic reactions
- Builds muscle
- Fresh breath
Did you know it’s also great for brushing your pup’s teeth? Unlike some toothpaste options or baking soda, coconut oil is safe for dogs to swallow and they almost always enjoy the taste. If you go this route, get a toothbrush that will help make the job easier. We love this one on Amazon and with over 1,800 reviews, it’s safe to say others agree.
It’s pretty obvious why coconut oil has been labeled a superfood. Not to mention, it’s what makes our organic hemp cbd cookies so tasty and nutritious, along with organic oat flour, organic apple sauce, organic peanut butter and of course, organic hemp oil. When creating our cbd treats for dogs, it was a no-brainer that organic coconut oil would be one of the main ingredients. It’s just that good. Using coconut oil regularly will have others asking themselves, maybe that dog is born with it…maybe it’s just coconut oil and CBD?
If you’re ready to change your dog’s life for the better in 2020, here are some of our favorite coconut oil products for your pup:
- Burt’s Bees Care Plus+ Hydrating Coconut Oil Dog Foam
- Petpost Dog Paw Balm with Jojoba & Coconut Oil
- Coco Furcare for Dogs
- Zesty Paws Aloe Vera & Chamomile + Coconut Oil Lavender Scent Ear Cleaning Wipes
- Burt’s Bees Care Plus+ Hydrating Coconut Oil Puppy Shampoo
- Burt’s Bees Care Plus+ Hydrating Coconut Oil Dog Conditioner
Learn more about wagkind’s CBD treats for dogs and read reviews to see why this is the best cbd treats for dogs at wagkind organic hemp cbd cookies